Monday, December 17, 2007

Lets Hear it for Applique!

Our January Meeting is coming up on the 3rd of the month and here is a little more information for you. 7:00 pm will begin our 2008 Kick Off. You need to bring $25.00 for your annual dues, at least one unfinished quilt or wall hanging top (this is for a very top secret new incentive that we all are going to love to participate in!), your sew and tell items and for those of you who gave it all away for Christmas, bring pictures, and also bring anyone seeking a good time while learning new skills.

KayeDawn and her board have been busy making arrangements for this next year focusing on applique. There is a super calendar lined out for this next year. I will be emailing it to everyone. If I somehow miss you or don't have your email address, let me know at the January Meeting and I will add you to the list. Now, without further adeiu, here is a message from our 2008 president:

I am excited for our new year as Heber Valley Quilters. This year I have decided to focus on Appliqué. During the past year as VP I watched and listened as many of our guild members commented on some of our guests and many of the sew-n-tell items displayed at the monthly meetings; many comments were about the appliqué that was shown. Some doubted that they could ever do it and others were awe struck. I too remembered that I felt overwhelmed by the process of creating such beautiful projects.

My goal this year is to provide our members with teachers that have the skills I so admired in the beautifully appliquéd quilts. My hope is that we will be inspired to learn new things or maybe a different method adding to the skills we have.

We have some very talented quilters in our guild that will show us their methods and some award winning teachers from outside our guild that will present demonstrations and workshops for our members.

I am looking forward to sharing our talents, techniques and tips as quilters. It is so awesome that in our guild everyone is so willing to share what they know and learn from one another. I have some new incentives and awards for the New Year that I will explain at our meeting in January. I hope that my excitement and your enthusiasm will carry over to each member this year and we will be able to create some amazing works of art and award winning quilts.

Thank you for this opportunity,

KayeDawn Epps


Hope to see everyone there!


No comments: